"There is no such thing as standing still in your spiritual life." Anonymous
Langenburg Evangelical Fellowship has its roots in a revival in the Marchwell, SK area in the early 1930s. With no ties to any of the historic European Churches, the establishment of Pentecostal churches occurred through people coming into a renewal of faith. The Marchwell Pentecostal Assembly was a focal point of outreach in Eastern Saskatchewan and neighboring Manitoba, especially the rallies held on the Victoria Day weekend.
In 1957 the church voted to move to Langenburg, where a larger number of families would be closer to attend. Land as purchased and the building began. In 1961 the new church was dedicated to the work of the Lord. Since that time there has been a few renovations and expansions to the sanctuary and the addition of a nursery. There has also been the purchase of a parsonage for the pastor's use.
n 2010, there were both theological and practical changes that occurred within the church, which came about as a natural evolution of the congregation itself and a need to meet the new expectations. The church decided to function as an independent Church, under the new name, Langenburg Evangelical Fellowship This change happened 50 years after the building was built. Currently we are a church that promotes authentic worship of God that is Christ-centered and holds the Bible as being divinely inspired and authoritative.
A church, however, is far more than wood and mortar The people who have been a part of this small, sometimes struggling, always thriving, congregation are the real church and real story. For longevity and faithfulness from the 1950's to present time, the Leo Johnson and Walter Bahsler families deserve mention. However, it is really not fair to mention names, when everyone of these would have said, "To God be the glory." Also, there are many others that have contributed, that only Heaven will deservedly record.