October 15, 2017
Today at LEF
- Welcome / Announcements
- Hymn#195: “Faith is the Victory”
- Call to Worship: Revelation 22: 12-13, 17, 20
- Songs for Praise and Worship
- Sunday School Dismissal
- Scripture text: Matthew 24: 36-44
- Message: “People Get Ready!”
- Song of Response
- Hymn#146: “Lo! He Comes on Clouds Descending”
THIS WEEK @ LEF (October 16 - 21)
- Mon. 7:00pm – Quizzing
- Wed. 7:00pm – "Experiencing God" Bible Study
"Way of the Alongsiders" Bible Study
- Thur. 9:00am – Mom’s Morning Bible Study
6:30pm - "Thin Within" Ladies Bible Study
- Next Sunday - Pastor Appreciation Sunday
PRAYER TEAM SCHEDULE
Next Sunday: Mehrers, Cindy
SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER
Coffee Host: Verangas
Sunday School Assistants: Nick and Amanda
FELLOWSHIP MEALS FOR OCTOBER
Oct. 22 – Regular potluck (following Bible conference)
(set up C; clean up D)
- Oct. 20-22 -LEF Bible Conference with Dr. Marty Culy. He will be teaching on “1 Peter: Seeing Aliens in the Mirror.” Marty’s wife, Joanna, will be leading a 1 hour session for the women on Friday evening before the first session with Marty. More details on the poster on the bulletin board. Please sign up at back table or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct 26 - 12:30 New study for ladies! - A five (5) week study on “A Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp which is a study on God’s joy and opening our eyes to gratitude every day. Will take place at Cathy Mackenzie’s house. Please talk to Cathy M or Kathy S. for more info.
-October 28 - 6:00pm - Young Couples' Connection - Please join us for a fun evening at the Schnees' residence! Children are welcome to come. Hamburgers and buns will be provided. Bring a salad or a dessert.
- Nov. 7 - 7 pm Final planning meeting for Christmas banquet at Pat's house.
- Nov. 19 - Last Sunday to hand in your filled shoe-boxes.
- Dec. 1 - WM Banquet. Mark your calendars!
Dates and times for the next Plan to Protect training sessions: - Oct. 29th - after church - Plan to Protect Youth Training. Pizza will be provided. It will be done by 4:00pm. This is geared for youth ages 12-18 who are helping out, or planning on helping out with Sunday School, babysitting for church events, or any other "helper" type activities with the church. *Orientation (for anyone who has not been trained yet) Sunday, November 5, 1-4 PM *Refresher training (review for those who have completed the orientation) Sunday, November 19, 1-3 PM OR Sunday, January 7, 1-3 PM
*On the lookout for a volunteer to organize a desperately needed LEF Care Committee which would organize meals in case of a death in the family or in case of illness etc. Also maybe special anniversaries or birthdays that should/could be celebrated at LEF. Please talk to Donna.
*The leadership team has decided that we should be looking for a facility manager. Please talk to Pastor Dennis or Neil for details.
People Get Ready
*The ______________is certain to come, but we cannot know when He will come.
…*the key element of these next three illustrations is “___________________________”.
1) Ready when we ________(37-39)
2) Ready when we________ (40-41)
3) Ready when we ________(42-44)
*”If we are taken by_________, it is not because God is out to _-______us but because of our own apathetic self-deception or negligence.”
How are you doing in your preparations?
…readiness means “our entire world-view must be kingdom-oriented.”
“Live as though Jesus is coming back today;
Plan as though he is not coming back for a hundred years”
Check out our On-line Calendar, Volunteer Schedule, Audio and Down-loadable Sermons, Statement of Faith, etc