AUGUST 20, 2017
Today at LEF
-Welcome / Announcements
-Hymn #12: “Great is Thy Faithfulness”
-Call to Worship:Psalm 67
-Songs for Praise and Worship
-Child Dedication Service
-Summer Bible Memory Camp
-Scripture Text: Psalm 127
-Message:”Homes Forged in Faith”
-Song of Response
-Hymn #206: “Amazing Grace”
This week at LEF (Aug 20 - 26)
●Today – “Summer salad bar” fellowship lunch immediately after the service. Please join us if you are able.
● Wed. 7:30 pm – Fireside prayer at Ernst and Irma Mitterhuber’s farm
● Sat. 7:00 am - Men’s breakfast and study. Full Breakfast.
PRAYER TEAM SCHEDULE
Today: Neil, Wanda, Cindy
Next Sunday: Darwyn, Cathy, Marlene
SCHEDULE FOR AUGUST
Coffee Host: Fred
Sunday School helpers today: Rachel/Cheryl
- Set up for VBS at Christ Lutheran. Help is needed to set up the different stations.
- Wed, Aug 23, 1-3 pm;
- Fri, Aug 25, 1-4 pm;
- Next Sunday, Aug 27, 7-9 pm;
- Please come even for an hour!
- August 28-Sept. 1: Langenburg Community VBS: Christ Lutheran Church. 9 am to noon.
- October 20-22: Save the Date! LEF Bible Conference with Dr. Marty Culy. He will be teaching on “1 Peter: Seeing Aliens in the Mirror”
SUMMER PRAYER SCHEDULE
*Wed, Aug 23: fireside prayer at Ernst and Erma Mitterhuber's . (5km's east on highway 16, turn right. Drive 1 mile; turn left. Drive 3/4 mile to next farm on left which is their farm. )
*Aug 30: prayer at TBD
SUMMER BIBLE MEMORY CAMP
- Memory verse to be quoted today is: 2 Cor. 4:10 - “We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.”
Sermon Notes on Psalm 127
Homes Forged in Faith
1) __________the Lord (vs1-2)
A) In vain the ________is built.
B) In vain the _____is guarded.
C) In vain do you ______long hours.
“Toiling speaks of feverish________, rising before sunrise to begin working, coming home late long after the sun has gone down, working long hours to put bread on the table. Without time for_____, their food only maintains people in their miserable existence.”
*Only when we are doing __________for ourselves God is doing the _________.”
2) ___________the man (vs. 3-5)
A Biblical perspective of____________:
a) ____________are an inheritance.
b) Sons are like _________-they offer strength and security.
*As we give up control we will become emotionally and mentally_________, to say nothing about having God’s true perspective on our _______.”